I heard birds chirping. That can only mean one thing // hello spring. Well, sort of.
Our little family spends everyday of the summer outside. We've been itching to break free from our walls -- and today it was a perfect 50 degrees. So, we bundled up and headed outside for our first adventure as a {two-kids-are-walking-holy-crap} family. Last summer, Kate was chill and could sit or lay on a blanket for hours while Jack and I played. This summer....I can already sense the chaos that will exist in my front yard. Kate went from crawling to running -- with no fear. So, our little slope on our driveway is my nightmare. Today was wet, murky, a little windy, but also sunny and warm enough to melt the snow. Kate waddled like a drunken penguin down a soppy, muddy sidewalk while Daddy and Jack rode along on his bike. It was an adorable glimpse to the fun we'll have as soon as it gets nice out.
Jack // 3-years-old.
"One time, I rode on a train. And I brought my friends. Didn't I, Mom?" Jack is starting to tell little stories about things he's done -- and honestly things he wishes he could do. It's adorable and scary at the same time! Oh, and everything happened "yesterday". Last summer, we had a block party and a fire truck made an appearance and Jack got to sit in the front seat. On our way home from school he says, "Yesterday I rode on a firetruck, mom." Okay, buddy, that was last summer...not yesterday. It's adorable that he doesn't understand time frames at all, but he still likes to talk about what has happened.
Kate // 1-year-old.
Where has the time gone? It feels like just yesterday my days were filled with nursing, pumping, and rocking. Now...I'm chasing, dancing, and laughing along with my little Kate. She's still a doll -- and almost never cries. She's finding her voice and still says "dada" way more than "mama". She is a dancing machine! We've caught her on camera "baby twerking", shaking her booty, wiggling her whole body and more. Its fun to think about pink tutus and dance class in the coming years. I absolutely am obsessed with baby girl clothes. Kate has the nickname "fashionista" at her daycare. Tiny denim tunics with bright leggings, dresses and sweater tights, tiny boots and more. It's so much fun! Oh, and she LOVES wearing her accessories. If I forget to put a necklace on, she'll find one and throw it on herself. All girl and I totally love it.
Books // We love books.
Every night, Jack counts in Spanish how many books he wants to read. Normally, it's uno, dos, tres. Last night it was all the way up to once (11) books! Yeah, right. Eric reads and reads and reads until his little eyes grow sleepy. His newest obsession is books with CDs that go with them. There's something about someone exciting reading the book to him that just puts him right to sleep. Polar Express is a new favorite -- because I think Jack is obsessed with Santa, still. Also, Pete the Cat. Pete is AMAZING! Jack has nearly every book and I think he can recite all of them.
As soon as Kate wakes up I walk right to her closet to find her outfit. In her closet is her little bookshelf -- so she pushes to get down and starts reading to herself. Our little wee one is a total bookworm just like her brother. She already tries to read! She opens the books and says "da da ra ra da" as she turns the pages. If she finds a book, she searches for either Eric or me and plops down and hands us the book. Her favorite book is Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss. I think we've read it nearly 100 times (and she got it for her birthday a few weeks ago). Needless to say, we love books.


No comments:
Post a Comment