I am attempting to finish last-minute plans for our big project in science this week and next.
I should be writing my grad paper since I have conferences tomorrow night and it's due Wednesday.
What am I doing instead? Stalling. Blogging about good people. I don't know why, but I'm inspired.
Today, I was watching Ellen. A cute little family of four -- a son in high school and a special needs daughter; two teachers as parents. All kinds of things they could complain about -- but did they? No. They started up a pantry for kids who don't have dinner when they get home from school. They adopted a teenager who wouldn't have anywhere to go otherwise.
Adorable.
Absolutely, utterly, unexplanably adorable. Is that a word? I'm making it one.
I am now watching Hoarders. Clearly, I watch too much tv. This is definitely not the usual...
While moving out hundreds, count that thousands of boxes, one of the 1-800-got-junk guys that helps clean out houses broke this poor little lady's vase. She was so upset. They made her move on and forced her to keep cleaning through the tears. The got junk guy came back after leaving to surprise her with a new vase filled with dozens of flowers.
Again, adorable.
Thank goodness for our world filled with good people...
{My students joke about my positivity. Today, one student said "Mrs. Krieger, of course you'd say your glass is half full, but even if you had an empty glass, you'd probably say it's soon to have something in it!" He made my day.}
Do something good.
Inspire someone.
Be the next guest on Ellen's "do something nice for someone" segment.
No comments:
Post a Comment