Followers

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happy 1 Month Birthday, Baby Kate!

It feels like just yesterday we were snuggling our new little you in our quiet little hospital room.  Four weeks later you...
  • SLEEP!  A lot.  At night, we give you a bath around 10, I feed you, we put you down....and you're out until four or so.  We only have to get up once...and I'm hoping that 4 am feeding disappears soon?!  Good job, little Kate.
  • Adore my hair.  You give me the biggest grin when you see it down...which doesn't happen very often.
  • Are a good little eater.  You eat, and eat, and eat.  When you're awake...chances are you are hungry. =)
  • Pee a hundred times a day.  You like to pee in new diapers.  So, I change you.  You pee.  You cry because you don't like wet diapers, I change you...you pee.  Can you see a trend?  I think we've used hundreds of newborn Pampers Swaddlers already. =)  You're so a girl already.
  • You love to be warm and snuggly.  Jack was ALWAYS hot, so it's fun to be able to bundle and snuggle you.
  • Have crazy wild hair.  We wash it at night and by the time you wake up in the morning it's all over the place.  There is a tuft on top that stands straight up and I never understood why.   Then, as you were playing the other day, I noticed your little hand pulls and tugs at it all. the. time.  It's adorable to watch.  Was that your toy when you were in my tummy?
  • Do NOT like the swing or bouncy chair.  You are content either laying on the ground, on your tummy, or hanging with Daddy, Jack, or Me.  Good thing we have all these fancy gadgets for you, huh?  Maybe you know that we're trying to set you down or distract you in them??!!  How'd you get so smart already?
  • You rarely cry.  If I pick you up, you almost let out a sigh of relief.  You're awfully content little one.
  • Are already a thinker.  You make the 'miss biz' face just like Jack did.  You look as if you're trying to figure out the world already. (Your brother did the same thing and he is just that way.  Hand him a lego, he'll stare at it and try to figure out if it has batteries, what color it is, how it will hook to other legos, and more.)
We love you more than you'll ever know.  You have been the perfect little addition to our family.  I am thankful for our quiet, snuggly days at home.  I am excited for a long, long maternity leave so I can soak up all of your little milestones before handing you off.




No comments:

Post a Comment