A FORT!
The other night, Jack kept asking for a tent.
We were confused.
Eventually, I realized he was asking to make a fort. My first attempt was just tossing our throw blanket over a few chairs in the kitchen. He was in love. The next night, daddy pulled out ALL the chairs into the middle of the living room and made a REAL live fort. {Sometimes I wonder who is the toddler? Eric just LOVES to play like he's a kid again. Fort -- yessir! Nerf gun, sure! Legos -- let's build. I'm secretly waiting to play dress up with barbies to show him how GIRLS play! :)} Jack pulled all of his trucks, legos, and every other toy in around to fort and insisted we come sit in it. He was so, so, so very excited for his little "tent".
It didn't last long -- I could not stand my living room to be in shambles. :)
This is tent day number 3...which was set up IN Jack's room upstairs. I liked this one MUCH better.
I am still trying to figure out why 2's are called terrible?! I am just LOVING this stage of the toddler years. Jack can play all by himself, knows how to tell me what he wants or what hurts, and listens well {ok, most of the time! :0)} He is SUCH a great helper, too. He'll clean windows, pretend vacuum, and even gives me "biper changes" for Kate.
Now for this whole potty training business...wish us luck! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment