I still get butterflies when the clock strikes 5 o'clock.
I cannot sleep without Eric next to me. Once in a while I head back to Waterloo for girls weekend. I usually have such a blast reminiscing and creating amazing memories with the best friends a girl can ask for. I have to be crazy busy and entertained or you better believe my little white Venza heads back to Des Moines early. If I do stay, I am up-and-at-em before the sun shines most days to get back to my little family. Homesick at 27...not kidding.
We plan and look forward to date nights. Sometimes we go all out and hire a babysitter {all out I know!}. Moments of just us two are quiet and peaceful. Other times, we plan a "date night" for when our kids are in bed. We wait to eat dinner and spend time grilling steaks and chatting over a peaceful meal with candles together. Babysitter or not, I love these nights.
I am not a huge fan of sports. Eric isn't a fan of the Kardashians {or
any kind of smutty TV that I like}. However, we compromise. I can
tell you that on Saturday mornings our littles are dressed to the nines
in Hawkeyes gear and I have dips made and a crock pot filled with chili
ready to go for the game. And, Eric knows way more than he wants to
about the Kards. That's life, right? Give and take and compromise.
We are busy. Life with two working parents and two kids is crazy busy. Between attempting to perfect Jack's potty training with a 7-month-old with a fever...stress can't even explain what happens at our house sometimes. It's not the norm and times like these only make us more thankful for our overall healthy kids. Even in the crazy we still work like a well-oiled machine.
We make quite the team, Eric and me.
I love you.
You're my forever and ever and ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment