Followers

Friday, January 7, 2011

Our house...


...will be a very, very, very fine house :)

With all of my baby ramblings, I've forgotten about another exciting happening in our lives this year: our house will be built. Our move-in date tentatively is at the end of March.

It's become our little family tradition to go check on the progress of our house a few nights a week. For one, it gets me out and about. For two, after the car ride we find Jackson sound asleep in his little car seat. For three, it's amazing to watch the building process. It still seems a little surreal that all of the tiny details we envisioned will soon be a real house. A house our family will soon make a home.

Things I can't wait for:
Storage. I told Eric I could survive in our 2 bed/2 bath apartment with baby. Wrong-O! I never envisioned just how much baby stuff we would accumulate. I refused to admit that we'd need storage. And, we're bursting out of the seams of this place!

A sense of community. I already know several of our neighbors...and I can't wait to feel like a part of Waukee. I've heard rumors of block parties and beer trick-or-treating on Halloween on our block. There have been a few times that we've stopped to check out our lot, and someone says hi or welcomes us to the neighborhood. I can see the school I teach in from the windows in the living room. There is an overwhelming sense of community.

This house will be our home. I'm so glad Eric and I have found our little place on this Earth we'd like to call home. I am so proud of what we've accomplished. This will be first time in my life that I feel stable in one place; I know we'll be here forever. I am beyond excited for Jack to grow up in only one house.

Home is where the heart is...



No comments:

Post a Comment