It's Saturday and there is no crazed get-ready-for-daycare extravaganza. We don't have to set an alarm. I don't have to wonder what Jack's up to all day; he's with me! We aren't forced to go to bed when Jack falls asleep. Eric and I can actually enjoy each other without worries.
Yesterday was a fabulous day. I am determined to stay positive as I transition back into my working mom reality, and yesterday was a much-needed wonderful day. Eric and I had fun taking turns hanging out with Jackson; I think we even argued about who got to hold him a little. We went out-and-about to see the progress on our house - which now has two stories! We also went looking for furniture. We're starting to look more like experienced parents with our car seat, stroller, diaper bag, etc. At first it took us about a hundred years to get from the car to the store. Now, before we can even blink we're rolling and strolling with Jack along for the ride.
Instead of heading home for the night when Jack was hungry and fussy, we went to Jordan Creek where there's a tiny little nursing room. We talked over our furniture debate and Jack was perfectly content eating in an unfamiliar, cozy little room. After that, we ate a quick dinner and continued to shop! Success :) Jack scored some adorable new jammies for his gigantically huge body, and Eric and I got some much needed time out of the house.
We're starting to figure this whole "parenthood" thing out. Slowly but surely we are growing more comfortable in our new roles. When Jack was fussy in the mall I didn't panic; he's a hungry baby for goodness sake! That doesn't make me a bad mom. Instead of feeling stuck at home, we ventured out for some new experiences as a family. And, we spent the night giggling and ooodling over Jackson's newest milestone - coos and noises! I'll trade nights out and selfish ways for a Saturday filled with family any day.
Here's to another quick work week so we can repeat our amazing weekends home as a family!
{Sleepy Jack in his swing!}
{We had a little hawkeye photo shoot with our little man}
{Daddy and Jackson}
{Yay for two stories! March will be here soon!}
No comments:
Post a Comment