Followers

Thursday, September 27, 2012

16 Weeks!

The time is just flying now!  Before school started, I would check my pregnancy apps daily, I could tell you exactly how many days pregnant I was, and I had a count down to the second trimester.  Now, I guess how far along I am -- and secretly check sometime (usually days) later.  I haven't checked any pregnancy apps in awhile. :)  School (both teaching and classes at night) have made this pregnancy fly by...so far!

Food cravings/aversions:  For me, pregnancy = cravings.  Crazy cravings.  Hostess crumb doughnuts make their way into my breakfast routine at least once a week.  Chocolate milk.  Recently, the little blue kool-aid juices have tasted like liquid gold.  Oh, and I've eaten Carlos chips and salsa every day for lunch this week.  Just chips and salsa.  I am happy to say that I can still eat chicken (which I couldn't with Jack), and tomato sauce and chocolate.  I don't know if those are good or bad things.

My aversions are:  I feel sick and queasy when I drink pop, especially caffeinated pop.  Weird for me!  French fries are either my best friend or my worst enemy.  When they are fresh, I love them.  When they are stale, I swear I can taste EVERYTHING that has been fried with them.  Weird, again, I know. I cringe at the sight of buffalo sauce.  I ate a little too much of it at the very beginning.

Changes/feelings:  I'm starting to feel like I look pregnant!  I'm getting past that awkward stage of I-can-get-away-with-regular-clothes, however I probably shouldn't.  My maternity pants are too big, but they are much more comfortable than regular pants.  Many of the shirts I am wearing were from pre-pregnancy...only because I know soon they won't fit!  I haven't gained any weight...I've lost 5 pounds since before.  I don't know why I'm good at that during pregnancy?!

Memorable moment this week:  Ultrasound!  It was the sweetest, best idea ever.  It was an elective one.  I was DYING to know what baby K was...so we did it.  We counted fingers (10, check!), toes, organs, watched baby snuggle, and it was such a great experience.  I was sent home with a goodie bag, a cd of pictures, and a dvd of the ultrasound.  Kudos to Prenatal Vision!

Oh, and for the first time in 17 weeks, I woke up this morning without gagging.  Maybe, just maybe, the sickness has gone forever?!  I wouldn't be sad. at. all.

What I'm looking forward to:  Our next ultrasound...which will be our FIFTH one this pregnancy!  I just love seeing our little peanut bouncing around and waving at us.  It makes our appointments much more exciting.

I am so blessed.  I am so excited.  I am so ready for newborn baby snuggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment