For us, that's our half bath off of our kitchen.
It's a poor, sad, lonely little room. One tiny orange rug, two teeny square pictures from the clearance section at Kirklands {that honestly are currently hung crooked...one of my biggest pet peeves}. One green potty for Jack. That's really about it!
For awhile now I've been pinning inspirations on Pinterest for this quaint little space in our house that actually gets used quite often. Once I get back from shopping -- half bath. When we have visitors over -- half bath gets used. Really, it goes through more toilet paper than any of our bathrooms! But, with grad. school, teaching, being pregnant, taking care of two under three...life was just too busy to give our little space any attention. There it sits....a sad little room.
Not for long...
I have finally decided it is time...time to give this space a little revamp. For some reason, I want to go with a wallpapered accent wall. Honestly -- no idea where this came from. I just want something other than our chocolate/tan/teal theme we have in nearly every space of our main level. Something different! Well, after going to Lowe's and Menards...I realized there isn't much of a market for contemporary wall paper. If you want off-white flowers...sure. But, classic, traditional, or modern do not exist in stores. Online shopping it was! After searching, choosing, changing my mind, contemplating ordering samples...I found this gem. Crazy I know. We'll see how it goes! I have visions of floating shelves, crisp, white linens, pop of color, framed mirror and more!
Here's the before...
I mean...one of the lights is burnt out even! Poor little bathroom. Here's to adventures...adventures in using saws. Adventures in trusting Pinterest step-by-step tutorials. Adventures in wallpaper. I can't wait to see the finished product of our newly redesigned forgotten room.
I forgot just how excited I get to redecorate... =) Another perfect excuse to go shopping?
Hi, my name is Jenni, and I am obsessed with shopping.

We have an ugly, orange, guestroom that I am working on right now!! It kills me how teachers all think alike over the summer :)
ReplyDelete