Followers

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

me time

Between alphabet flash cards for Jack while burping Kate from her latest feeding, it's hard to find some quiet time for myself. 

Life is busy. 

I like busy.

I've discovered a few ways to find a peaceful moment for myself.  Usually I'm looking around for my diaper bag or feeling like I'm missing something...but I go anyway!

Dinner dates with friends.
I have plans at least once or twice a week to meet friends out for dinner and drinks.  Not being able to drink for so long makes margaritas taste twice as good as before.  =)  I am so thankful for all of my friends.

Shopping.
Okay, we all know this is my obsession.  All day long I am creating and crossing off my to-do list and creating a "to buy" list at the same time.  I'll pick up my bedroom and think -- man, you should buy a new, cute headband since you always wear your hair up these days...or boy its awfully cold out still Kate could use some long sleeved outfits.  Ridiculous maybe, but I just love buying things.  So, I head out a couple times each week in search of something; that something that I just have to have.  Goodness there's always something.  Lately I've been making my appearance known at Bath and Body Works {hello, summer scents!  and coupons!} The Limited, Carter's, and Target -- because what can't you find at Target?  I usually head out around the time the kids go to bed, which means the stores are nearly empty and I get the mall all to myself-ish.  Love!  It's almost hard to shop on the crazy busy weekends now!
{obbbbsessed with these new colors}

Tanning.
I know, I know!  It's terrible for you and can cause cancer.  Okay...but it makes me look and feel better.  And, it's 15 minutes of quiet time with the music blasting.  And, it's only $10/month!  And, I'm not allergic to it {{spray tanning}} lame.  I love my little dates with the tanning bed.

Going to the "gym".
We recently signed up for the Y, which allows for 2 hours of daycare for both kids.  Now, I am not that dedicated to working out...I mean what in the world could I do for two hours?  However, I have been enjoying my hour long, kid-free, focus on me time while I'm at the Y.  I bought a new fancy sport bra to hold up the girls (since I'm still nursing it was imperative otherwise I couldn't run!) and have been enjoying running again - finally!  The first lap around the indoor track was nothing short of amazing.  Being able to run and not just quickly walk was so refreshing.  The second, third, and fourth...those were exhausting.  Day two, however, I ran all 15 laps!  {mile}.  Progress!   I jam to Pandora -- 2000's Hip Hop station.  "Bounce right to left and let your shoulder lean" and "Shake that laffy taffy" motivate me to keep going!  All the while the kiddos are enjoying some interactions with other kids and people.  Double bonus!  As soon as Jack wakes up in the morning he asks to go "play at the gym".  Love!

Oh, and I'm a silent addict to Facebook and have something new on my doorstep nearly everyday thanks to my Amazon Prime membership.

I am thankful for a hubby who lets me go on my crazy 20% off today only coupon adventures...I mean he has an xbox that should be dusted off anyway, right?

In fact, the semi-annual Yankee Candle sale started today...{so the to buy list continues...}  =)


And when I get home I get to snuggle with these two goofballs..


2 comments:

  1. Must admit, I stopped part way through the entry, switched to the Yankee Candle Co. website to check out the sales, and then came back to finish reading. I am glad I am not the only one that finds "me-time" in shopping. I try to explain it to Nick, he does not understand.

    ReplyDelete