However...there's this moment in our house everyday. A moment where I'm torn between napping or cleaning. It usually hits right around 1. Both kids are fed and are put down for their afternoon naps. I walk downstairs and see this:
I can't believe I even took these pictures...let alone am sharing them :)
Books and diapers.
Bottles and sippy cups.
Lunch smeared all over our normally neat table.
Jack's trucks in a trail from his "time to clean up, mom" attempt at picking up.
Do I clean it up? Or, do I plop onto our wonderfully comfortable couch and take a well-deserved snooze? Almost every single day I run around and pick up our house so it looks back to normal. I've realized that if I nap instead, then I'm grumpy when we all wake up about the mess we have to live in. If I pick it up, I am able to relax {my brain mostly} and get excited for the kiddos to wake up!
On the days I feel like napping, I remind myself of this:
cooking and cleaning can wait 'till tomorrow
for children grow up, we've learned to our sorrow
so wipe away cobwebs and dust go to sleep
I'm cuddling my baby
because babies don't keep
Ahhh much better.

No comments:
Post a Comment