Today is day 2 of our kickoff to summer. Day 1 rained all day and we were bored and waiting for daddy to come home all. day. long.
We started the day off at the Y for our mommy-works-out-in-quiet-while-kids-play time after breakfast. The kiddos have started this hold each other's hands wherever we're walking stage and it's incredibly cute. They get quite the attention when they walk in like this! Jack graciously shows Kate how to push the button to make the door open and then coaches her when it's her turn to try. {and I melt}
I've decided that next summer we'll be chasing two kids while snuggling a 6 month old, so chances of the pool everyday are rather slim. So, we're going to rock the pool this year! My neighbor suggested getting life jackets for the kids and I scoffed. And then drove to Target. :) We packed a little picnic lunch (even though pool rules say no outside food -- whoever made those rules must not have kids) packed our pool bag full of our new PB towels, threw in the sunscreen and goggles and were off to the pool!
It was an overcast day in the high 70s. I didn't bother putting on sunscreen because it was super cloudy and not too warm. Which, eventually ended up in a little sunburn...whoops. You really can get sun through the clouds!
I would say today's pool experience was easy. Yes, I said it. I went to the pool by myself with two little kiddos and I would call it easy!
First of all, Leslie you're a genius. These darn float vests are phenomenal! Anyone with littles -- do this! Anytime their little feet gave way or the water got a little too deep -- they'd start floating. It was hilarious! After they got used to the feeling....they were jumping into the deep end over and over! It was such a chill day. They both listen, are both potty trained....it was just plain fun. As soon as they needed a break from the pool we sat and ate our picnic lunch. We came home around 2 and Kate napped until 4:30!
We finished our day with Jack's first t-ball practice of the year. He has the best coach...ha Eric! The kids actually looked like they knew what to do! 4 & 5 year old t-ball is pretty adorable.
Here's to a fun-filled 3 month long last summer as a family of four! We've got quite the bucket list and I'm determined to try it all! Next stop -- movie in the park tomorrow night -- staying up WAY past our 7:00 bedtimes!






No comments:
Post a Comment