Followers

Monday, June 1, 2015

Magic

It was an interesting time in the Krieger household.  Jack had recently turned 4 & Kate turned two.  Kate decided she was done with diapers and was potty trained rather quickly {mostly thanks to our wonderful daycare family -- she SO rocks}.  She also wanted "big girl tups" like Jack.  Soon, we were sippy cup free, diaper free, and for the first time in 4 1/2 years...baby free.  That's right...baby free.  I carried a regular purse for the first time.  All I needed was a handful of fruit snacks and we were out the door in seconds!

We had a big kid and a growing toddler. 

Should we have another?
But we have a boy and a girl.
And they're so easy right now.
What in the world name fits with Jack and Kate?
I love and miss snuggles.
Shoot!  I want lots of grand kids.
I can't imagine not having more...

We went through all the motions trying to decide what's next for our family.  To be honest, as soon as Kate joined us -- I thought -- hmmmm she's going to be a great middle kiddo.  Easy, chill, independent, quick learner.  I wasn't ready to be "done".  Yes, we have a boy and a girl -- but can a mom like being a mom? HA!  I like kids...no matter the gender.  So, why should we stop?

Then...this happened.

Pregnant ladies.
Pampers commercials.
Bottles, formula, onesies.
Teeny baby shoes.
Pottery Barn Kids - nursery section.

Everywhere I saw pregnant ladies, strollers, babies, diapers.  EVERYWHERE.  I didn't think -- ha, sucks to be you I'm out of that stage.  I thought...hmm I want that. 

I need the pregnancy magic.

We both agreed if more were in the cards we were ready.  I remember wanting SO BADLY to be pregnant again.

Fast forward to now...

I'm 13 weeks and finally getting out of my 1st trimester funk.  It has been everything but magical.  I'm extremely everything -- excited, grateful, nervous, sick, uncomfortable.

I feel like I forgot to do this last time -- this is not all roses and cute bumps and wonderful.  Sometimes pregnancy just plain sucks!  And, this time I promise to remember.  And cherish.  And I vow to be continually thankful for this growing our family journey we're on right now.

Yes, I feel yucky.
Yes, I'm incredibly excited and thankful.
Yes, I WILL be a good sport.
Hello, Motherhood Maternity...ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment