Followers

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Summer Successes

1.  2 am pee trips.  I know...this sounds terrible, right?  But nothing says officially potty trained than your 2-year-old stammering out of her room, announcing she needs to pee, and then heading straight back to her bed.  It's the most adorable little moment ever.  "Have to go potty, stop and go right away mommy.  Daniel Tiger says"  -- Kate.

2.  A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo.  Our movie theater has $1 movies -- this week it was Peabody & Sherman.  Both kids made it through the entire movie.  We found something Jack will actually eat -- popcorn.  All of his and half of Kate's.  I love this stage of 4 & 2 - where I can walk out of my house with two fruit snacks and an extra pair of cinderella underwear and I'm set. {#untildecember.. :)}


3.  Pool pass.  GENIUS!  Last year, I wouldn't bite the bullet.  So, if the weather sucked...we wouldn't go.  If we had anything else going on - no pool.  This year, bologna!  We're getting a pass.  I think we've gone 7 times already.  It's down to a science, people..  in fact, my pool bag is pre-packed for tomorrow already.  My kids are little fishies and I love getting a tan and getting out of the house.  And, the snack bar has snickers.   Do I need to say more?


4.  Mathlete, Diva, and Athlete?  We're sure that Jack's our mathlete.  As I picked him up from the child watch at the Y yesterday, the lady hanging with him said, "Wow, he sure knows a lot.  He was filling me in on how mountains formed and informed me that the bug that landed on the lego table was an insect because.."  I'm sure he asks 32,586 questions a day.  Today's doozie:  "Mom, why is bird poop white?  They eat bugs and insects and they aren't white.  Hmm....our poop is brown and I don't eat all brown food.  Mom, why is our poop all brown?"  ----whoopsie when you don't know the answer to a 4 year old's question.  Kate is my diva.  She loves her nails painted, tells me how she wants her hair done in the morning, plays dress up most moments of the day, and is incredibly sweet.  I cannot wait for prom dress shopping and girls trips together.  BK3 must be our athlete?  Maybe he won't search for butterflies during t-ball practice and won't be describing the cloud formations during soccer?  Maybe he will understand how to kick a ball...or throw a basketball into a net? :)

5.  10 fingers and 10 toes.  Our elective gender reveal ultrasound was fabulous.  I saw all 10 fingers and toes, watched my little man snuggle up, and picked out some adorable hankerchief bibs for the new little babe.  I then went on a shopping spree - whoops!  Anyone remember me HATING baby blue?  Good thing boy clothes have gotten so much cuter -- the new baby blue is NAVY and I. Love. Navy.  The only problem?  What in the heck name will go with Jack and Kate?  We're stuck.  We may not have a name until we see the little booger.


6.  9 whole years.  We celebrated at Roadhouse with our little munchkins.  Perfect and chill.




I love summer.  I love finding the joys in our regular ol' "stay home day mommas" together.

Cheers to it being June --- and I have ALL of JULY and almost ALL of August this summer!  Many more Krieger adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment