Followers

Sunday, August 8, 2010

A combination of the two?

As I flipped through old pictures reminiscing about our 9 years together, I stumbled into a pile of baby pictures. A small piece of our past was captured in this handful of memories. I couldn't help but to think about what this little baby is going to look like.

All summer long I've been creating "To do" and "To buy" lists. I've been obsessing over the perfect paint color, the exact way to organize drawers and cupboards full of bottles, footed pajamas, and boxes of diapers, the overwhelming thought of leaving my classroom of students in another teacher's hands for six weeks. I mostly forget about the miracle that's soon coming into our lives.

When I first glanced at the pictures, I thought, hmmm...so that's what we looked like as babies? I guess I never paid attention to our hair color as little ones. I never thought twice about how big of baby I was; yet how small of a baby Eric was. All I have to say is SORRY BABY K! We apologize for all of the things you might inherit that are not wonderful attributes. For example: I was nearly a 10 pound baby. That's right...10 POUNDS! Oh lord... Your dad: he has long, skinny toes and was born with this scowl on his face that to this day landed him with the nickname "The BIZ". I've boasted a double-chin since the day I arrived on this Earth...and sorry to fill you in, little man, but your daddy has one, too!


A combination of the two of us...a little mini-version of Eric with I'm sure a sprinkling of me - I hope! Well, baby Krieger...there are some good things about your Mommy and Daddy that we hope you inherit...those things just aren't as easy to see. They are built in, and hopefully we can "build" them into you, too.

We're not perfect, little pork chop, but we're sure trying really hard to become the best parents we can be. I hope you have your Dad's eyelashes and my love for learning...among many other things. I hope you love your life, and everything we've worked so hard to have for you. And, again, our apologies for the not-so-goods!

Can't wait for you to join us in this wonderful world of life!

Love you already,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment