I made it. I've successfully been back-to-school for an entire work week! Whew I'm exhausted...but it's absolutely amazing.
The beginning of this year of teaching was filled with "new" things. A brand new building, in a new district, and I'm teaching a new grade - 8th graders. Although this will be my 2nd year of teaching, all of the "new' things make it feel more like my first. But, I am utterly impressed with all that I've experienced so far. The staff is fabulous. Everyone I meet is positive, helpful, and enthusiastic about teaching and learning. The students are amazing...they will do anything I ask the first time, and I practically could leave them be and they'd still do the work...and do it well! And, the administration has it all together and are always working towards the best of the students! What a change :)
My classroom is filled with storage...and for those of you teachers out there - you know storage is hard to find. I have three entire walls will so many cabinets and drawers that I've lost count. And, I have my own personal storage closet for extra materials :) I have brand new black desks and matching chairs...and there's no engraving of lovely choice words on them...yet! We'll work on keeping them that way. I will no longer have to dust off or listen to the awful sound of my chalkboard, as I have a wonderful new white board.
I'm trying to decide what's harder: starting a new school year almost 7 months pregnant, or coming back to school after a 6 week maternity leave and being mommy to my little man? I'm hoping that it's harder to be pregnant?!
So, here's to hopefully another wonderful year of doing what I love, and getting paid well to do it! My dream was always to become a teacher and a mommy...
"The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams."
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
No comments:
Post a Comment