Followers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Count your blessings...

Today I am thankful. For the past few days I've been really struggling with losing my independence. I promised I wouldn't, but there's no real way around it. I can't bend over, I can't seem to find anything to fit over my belly, and I can't walk very fast! UGH! And the worst part: I have to take a break while cleaning...

Plan A: blog of my troubles. Plan B: be thankful for what is going right in my life!

So, I took a break from life and walked around my house. I actually glanced at what was surrounding me. I found signs that said "Life is Good", "Simplify", and "Count Your Blessings", among many other inspirational quotes. Who knew my walls and tables could be so inspiring. It was then that I realized, yes I could complain of my troubles...however I have so many things to be thankful for.

1. My husband. Eric is my soul mate, my role model, and my best friend. He works hard, sometimes too hard, and is always there for everything. He sits by my side at my doctors appointments, even though they have not much to do with him. He runs a bubble bath for me every night - no questions asked. He's already figured out how to get off work for two whole weeks to spend time with baby and Me! I love him :)



2. My friends. I have a fabulous group of friends that come from all of the many stages in my life. Friends from high school, some even earlier than that, friends from college, friends from moving to different places, and friends I've met through teaching. I am SO thankful to be surrounded by so many amazing people. There's never been a time where I needed to call someone to talk - and didn't get an answer or a listening ear. I always have something to look forward to, someone to do dinner with, someone to go shopping, and someone to come visit. If this is you...and you know who you are...thank you :)



3. My career = my dream fulfilled. I wake up everyday excited for a new adventure. I am lucky enough to spend my whole day working with kids...and I get paid for it! It's a tough job, but I love every minute!



4. Baby Krieger. We are so lucky to be blessed with this soon-to-come precious little life. We have been planning and perfecting every detail from our college degrees to our dream careers in preparation for building a family together. We were given the opportunity to start our little family pretty much as soon as we decided we were actually ready! :) I am so excited to give our little man everything we've always dreamed of, and more!

After pouring my heart into all of these things I am thankful for, I quickly realized that there's not enough time in a day to waste it on complaining! So, be thankful for all that you have and have been given, and don't ever forget to count your blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment