Followers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Falling for Fall...



It's official. The fall decorations are out. The smell of Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin is in the air...

This year, fall means more than just a familiar and cozy crispness in the air. Fall isn't just a caramel apple and late-night stroll through the crunchy, colorful leaves that have fallen upon the quiet streets of town. Fall is another checkpoint in this journey to starting our family.

As I found the perfect place for each pumpkin and every cinnamon scented candle, I thought...life as we know it is changing. This will be the last fall that I decorate without a little one digging through the bins of decorations. This will be the last fall spent with just my husband. And, this will be the last Halloween without costumes, pictures, and candy-filled jack-o-lanterns.



We are one season closer to our little man's long-awaited arrival in this wonderful world. Just one more weather change and Eric and I will transition from husband and wife to mom and dad. My mindset has changed from what clothes can I wear and how can I make it out of the bath tub...to cherishing those last little kicks I soon will not feel. Our little man is due to arrive around Thanksgiving, and it couldn't be a more perfect holiday to be excited for.

We are thankful to be in love. Almost ten years and I still get butterflies...
I am thankful to be happy.
We are thankful for all of our opportunities and good fortunes.
I am thankful for the sweet smell of cinnamon and muted autumn colors.
We are thankful for great friends and family.
I am thankful to say I'm your Mommy.

Love you, little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment