Followers

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Like Father, Like Son

Long before we knew our bouncing, crying, smiling little Jackson, Eric and I dreamed about what he would be like. Who would he look like? What will his little toes be like? What color of hair will he have? Will he be a tiny little thing or a gigantic monster?

Well, now Jackson is here...and it's clear he's his daddy's son! Other than my nose, I'm pretty sure Jack is a spitting image of Eric.

Take a look...

Mommy at as a baby (3 months):
Yes, that's me! Happy as can be...and gigantic. I can't believe I'm only three months old here...I look HUGE! My hair went from almost black to this blonde/reddish color.

Daddy as a baby (2 months):
Eric, to this day, is nicknamed "The Biz" because of his eyebrows. When he's talking business, whether it is money or mortgages, Eric is focused. So focused that his eyebrows do some crazy things! Look at his scowl as a wee little one.
Baby Jack, or should we say Baby Biz? =)
The first moment I saw Jack in the hospital plopped on my stomach he was making this face! I wonder where he got it from?!


I quick took this picture after Eric said "I don't think he looks like me at all!" I asked him to pull up a picture...and this is what we got.

My dreams came true, little one, the day you arrived. I'm so glad that each time I look at you I get a glimpse of the man I love. Those amazingly long eyelashes that I crossed my fingers you would have melt my heart each time you bat them at me. Your scowl makes me laugh out loud, even in a crowded mall elevator. I'm happy that you look like your daddy. I'm happy that you're you.

I love you more everyday.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment