
A waking baby cooed; my alarm clock buzzed. Another day in the life of a working mom.
I woke up into my normal routine of feeding and cuddling with Jack before the crazed attempt-to-get-out-of-the-door at a decent time stunt that Eric and I perform each morning. I was on my way to pack my lunch when something caught my eye. On the table was a perfectly wrapped present and card; a few Pandora charms and a simply stated birthday card that read "Happy Birthday From Us".
What a wonderful present to start off my day; my 25th birthday.
Then, I walked into school. My door had a gigantic pink sign that read "Happy Birthday Mrs. Krieger!" That was just the beginning! I had signs, posters, treats, presents, and words of thanks all over my classroom from some of my amazing kiddos! They made me feel so special. A few hours later, I was greeted with a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Eric and Jack! :)
After school, Eric and I went to dinner. After an hour wait, Jack still slept peacefully next to us as we enjoyed our dinner together. Eric ordered a big, juicy steak and I indulged in an amazing Strawberry Mango Sangria. MMMmmmm. We chit-chatted about the good ol' days, oodled over our amazingly perfect baby, and dreamed about days to come. It was a much needed night out - even with Jack!
I cuddled with my big man, my amazing hubby, and soaked in the last moments of my birthday. I'm officially a quarter of a century old...and I'm absolutely where I thought I'd be. I love Eric, Jack, my job, my friends, and my life. I am blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment