Followers

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dear Big Man,


You are 9 months old. Can you believe it?

I can hardly believe that it was over 9 months ago when I whispered "I love you" for the first time in your newborn ear. It's almost hard to remember the days of nursing, rocking, and tip-toeing over our brand-new baby boy. Now, nine months later, we're totally smitten by you - our soon-to-be toddler.

The days of bottles every few hours have been replaced by sippy cups filled with water. Your Baby Gap onesie collection is folded, organized, and stuffed away into plastic tubs in the basement. Your swing that we thought we could never live without is collecting dust in storage. Your bumbo seat is way too small, and your Jumperoo is so yesterday. All of the essentials that helped us through your baby days are seeming to be ancient artifacts in the story of you.

As I watch you grow into you - a big personality that's for sure - I'm not sad but excited to see what's to come. I can always glance back at your pictures, stare at your first days of life video clips, and even read this blog. I'm ready to write new chapters; chapters full of walking, talking, and growing into this little guy we like to call Boogs.

To date, you're 21 pounds full of laughter, awkward screeeetching noises, constant movement, and a limitless hunger. You, on cue, say "da da" as if you really know what you're doing. Even when asked to say "ma ma", you give this sly grin and say "da da". Stinker...

When you see an open staircase - watch out! Within seconds you're halfway up glancing down with your sly grin as if to say "catch me if you can!" You love to splash and stand and fall into the bath tub. You love to walk and crawl EVERYWHERE. You still love to snuggle.

I love to watch you trample over your new shoes as if we, instead of velcroing Pumas on, tied bricks onto your little feet. I love to watch you scream in horror when your walker gets stuck in a corner and you can't get it out. I love to watch you demolish and entire waffle, hot dog, or cheeseburger at that and afterwards chug your sippy cup. You always finish with a drool and a big "ahhhh" as if it was the most refreshing drink you've ever taken.
I love being your mommy, Jack. We can't even explain how much we love having you here to share in this life. I can't wait for your first steps -- we're getting close! I can't wait for your true "ma ma" blurts. I promise to sit through grueling half-an-hour episodes of Your Baby Can Read videos to help you learn. I promise to always answer your soon-to-come "why, mommy?" questions. And, I promise to always love you, skinned-up knees and all. Here's to 9 months, little baby Jack, and many, many more!

Love you to the moon and back (and maybe even farther than that),
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment