Followers

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Life

...maybe it was this morning when convinced one of our "high flyers" to not flee. I stood there as he turned around and went back into the double doors of the school.

...maybe it was the "you look cute in that outfit" comment from Mr. Mom {I'm wearing a t-shirt and jeans}.

...maybe its the "mur mur", grin, and squeal I hear when Jack spots me across the room at daycare.

I think life works in funny ways. It throws you in until you think you just can't take anymore...and you do. It puts a complimentary parent email in your inbox just when you're thinking your head is still not above water. At a moment when life couldn't seem more busy, you get an amazing four-hour chat with a good friend, only to come home to a husband who's willing to reminisce about your first dance.

There's only one thing I know: be happy with what you have, for that's all you've got! And...
Go for long walks.
Indulge in hot baths.
Question your assumptions.
Be kind to yourself.
Live for the moment.
Loosen up, scream.
Curse the world,
Count your blessings,
Just let go, just be...

-Carol Shields


1 comment: