Our little guy looks more like an old man with a bad hair color job growing out! =) Or, better yet, a wanna-be Justin Bieber. His newest hair in is much lighter than his almost-reddish baby hair, and it was getting really long. Our cute little comb-over had become literally an old man hairstyle, and I realized it was time to say goodbye.
I'm not one of those mooshy/sentimental people that needed to wait until his first birthday to chop his locks. I also am definitely not the gal who will save a chunk of his hair in a ziploc baggy for him to stare at me in strange disbelief years down the road. So, onto the only open hair salon we could find on a Sunday at 5:45. Jordan Creek Mall never fails us -- Master Cuts it was.
Eric and I stood in the waiting room debating our next adventure. To cut, or not to cut? That was the question. Eric thought he definitely didn't need a haircut. In fact, he was trying to convince me that somehow if we cut his hair he wouldn't have any hair left? Later he explained that since his hair was so much lighter at the roots it looked like there wasn't much hair there. I, however, insisted on getting his haircut. I wanted my shrunken-little-man to sport the latest trend in little man hair fashion. So, of course to cut it was!
The hairstylist asked if we thought Jack could sit alone and get it cut. Eric and I looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders, and said "Sure, why not!" She plopped two booster seats to the chair and we piled Jack on top of the mountain. Soon, the kiddie wrap-around hair catcher doodle bopper was on him and we were off! Eric and I worried he'd crash onto the floor or scream in horror the whole time. Well, how did Jack like his first hair cut?
He loved it! He loved the noise of the clippers, and he nearly fell asleep as she massaged his little baby head {just like his daddy}! He sat there like a big boy the WHOLE time. And, it's the cutest little haircut I've ever seen. She gelled it and spiked it in the front. Absolutely adorable!
Trim it gently, please.
Let me comb it one more time.
Before you give a first haircut,
To this little one of mine.
-Thena Smith
Let me comb it one more time.
Before you give a first haircut,
To this little one of mine.
-Thena Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment