Followers

Sunday, September 25, 2011

New Camera Fun!

So...I've been dying {not literally, but close} for a new camera. Ever since I started blogging I've been snapping photos like it's my job. When Jack arrived, I begged and pleaded for my very own professional camera. Amongst the swings, clothes for 3 instead of 2, and all of the other baby essentials, my dream for a new camera fell into last place.

The other day Eric mentioned he planned on surprising me someday soon. He's great at surprises - NOT (which works perfect because I hate them)! There was only one thing I wanted: a D-SLR camera. So, once he said that I knew it was coming. Or I was hoping...

Today, we went to run errands and we passed the camera aisle at Target. The only thing I knew about these cameras? Nikon and Canon were the brands to buy. Well, a Nikon was on sale and it caught my eye! I played it cool and kept pushing the cart as if I hadn't seen it and Eric stopped. We talked to an associate and kept shopping. I was so SAD! Then, we went to Best Buy to look at more cameras...maybe I really would get one?! We ended up going back to Target to get the apple-of-my-eye Nikon - YES! Score!

So, below are a few attempts at learning this crazy-million-function-bottom-of-the-line professional camera: (and I'm sure there will be many, many more to come!)

Corks, anyone?

I finally have the "Charlie Brown" tree I always wanted :)

My view from across the street

Of course I had to take pictures of this cute little man

He's taken a few steps by himself! Our almost-walker

I'm totally new to ALL of this. I took over a hundred pictures already today! I'm sure the pictures will get better when I can figure out all of the options and buttons :) Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I love my Nikon!! I am no expert, but let me know if you need help. I took an awesome class at the botanical center last year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been eye-ing them at sam's too! they seem really complicated, but wow, you can really tell the difference! give the MOST HANDSOME guy alive a kiss from auntie :)

    ReplyDelete