Followers

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I feel like a big kid now...

We have a REAL office. Not an office with a teeny desk and piles of unorganized and brightly colored kids toys, but an office with a corner desk and a bookshelf.

We've lived in this house almost a full year {gasp, time goes fast}! Our last priority? The den/I'm not sure how I plan to use this space/office. However, it does happen to be the first thing anyone sees as they enter our house. We hand selected bedroom furniture, hung artwork and set family pictures in the many empty spaces. Finally, our efforts turned to our empty, cluttered, and lifeless room.

We ventured to Homemakers last Saturday in hopes of getting some inspiration for Jack's 'big kid' room. I know...that sounds crazy...but he's growing out of his crib faster than we can lower it. (Moms out there you know how that is)! I've got an idea of what I want for his room -- and I think a little trip to IKEA will do the trick.

So...we wandered around to the office furniture section. We found this cute corner desk. For the first time in nearly 11 years, we both agreed it was the one. Maybe it was the squirmy one-year-old dying to move and groove, or maybe it was our uncanny ability to move quickly now that we're parents-on-the-go, or maybe it was the steal of a deal Homemakers was offering? Either way, we stuffed a new antique black hutch, corner desk, and library shelf into the Venza and were off.

After seven {yes, I said seven} hours of putting each and every piece in the right spot...our office was complete. Did you know Homemakers also has amazing accessories, too? Take a look!







My favorite part...


What office isn't complete without a stocked wine fridge? =)

It was fun to browse through old textbooks like Literature and the Child and Strategic Management -- clearly Eric and my interests are so very different.

I've always dreamed of having shelves for our college textbooks to be displayed on. I've always wanted the perfect spot for our wedding album. And, I've never had so many places to cram baby toys in without being able to see them. :)

Big kids have real offices, right? If so, I'm a big kid now!

No comments:

Post a Comment