...that I love to learn.
I know, cliche. I am a teacher, after all.
Today, I mentioned to Eric that 'The Batchelor' is trying to look like a modern day Romeo. Eric replied with "Where for art thou, Romeo"? I repeated it, said it out loud again, and then chunked it out. I figured out, after many years of hearing it, that it took a LONG time to say something way back when. So many extra words. Why do we not talk like that anymore? Who decided "thou" will now be "you"?
I'm such a thinker. I didn't just chuckle and move on. I had to think about it! It's a blessing and an annoyance all at the same time.
I obsessively 'Google'. It's my absolute crutch. When I drive past a co-op and have no idea what it is -- Google. {It's a storage/distribution for grains} When I can't remember how to spell coincidence -- Google.
Last weekend, we watched the movie "The Help"...a wonderfully disturbing movie. In the middle I made Eric stop, rewind, play again and again...all so I could figure out what "taking a pencil to the toilet paper" was. {it's when white people would put pencil marks on the toilet paper to make sure the helpers weren't using their bathroom}
I. Love. Learning.
Kudos to Google for being my one-stop shop for answers. Thanks to Eric for thinking along with me. And, we've got a mini-thinker on our hands. I hope, through our adventures of continually figuring out this life, we instill a love for learning in our little.
"You learn something everyday IF you pay attention."
- Ray LeBond

you. watched. a. movie!
ReplyDelete