Followers

Monday, January 2, 2012

A countdown of 2011

January...
was filled with a new mommy getting used to being a full-time working mom! I struggled through transitioning back to teaching and balancing Eric, Jack, work, and time for everyone else. I went out for the first time without my little guy and was spoiled by my students decorating my entire classroom with birthday surprises!



February...
house construction time! We drove past our house almost everyday. Once a week, or so, we'd trudge through the house with a tiny baby in his carseat, a flashlight, and a video camera. We captured every little step of our house being built. It's surreal to look back and realize our home wasn't even here this time last year!


March...
was move-in month! We closed on our house that we built. We unpacked, decorated, and cozied into our brand new home. I transitioned from breastfeeding to formula feeding, and I settled more and more into my role as a 'working mom'.



April/May...
included lots of baby milestones including sitting up, baby food concoctions, and detailing every little minute of Jack on this blog. I'm SO glad I did this...it's fun to go back and read. I already forgot some of the things I wrote about on here...

June...
grad school started. Who knew what I was getting myself into? I am so glad that I took one of the harder classes in a condensed summer version. Our five year wedding anniversary! Time flies when you're having fun :)

July...
SUMMERTIME! Jack and I spent the WHOLE summer under the sun. We splashed around at several different pools, went on at least one walk a day, and swung in the little park across the street from our house all the time. Summer was also filled with lots of interior decorating and little projects here-and-there.


August...
included a little getaway to Chicago and then it was back-to-school! This year has been fabulous. The kids are outstanding and it's a nice relief to not be taking a large chunk of school off this year. It was hard to give up all of my time with Jack, but I definitely LOVE my job.

September...
will forever be remembered as the month I got my NEW CAMERA. Exciting I know :) It's almost hard to look back at tiny baby Jack pictures without my new camera. I wish I had it before he was born!

October...
our first Halloween as a family, our first trip to a pumpkin farm, and our first holiday in our new neighborhood. We had a blast!

November: Jack turned ONE! We celebrated with a small little birthday party with our very closest family and friends.

December: A whole lotta toys filled our house after another great year of holiday gatherings. We bounced around from place to place parading our little munchkin. We filled our house with not one, not two, but three Christmas trees.

It's so fun to look back at what the last year has brought. It's crazy how much changes in a short 12 months.

This year we look forward to:
1. More adventures with are almost-toddler. Man we love you, Jack!
2. A spring break trip somewhere tropical -- since Eric's never been on a plane! ;)
3. Landscaping adventures this summer.
4. Being half-way through my grad. program.
5. Our SIXTH wedding anniversary, my 26 {Gasp, old!} and Eric's 27th birthdays.

Cheers to a wonderful 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment