Followers

Monday, February 27, 2012

Big boy bed

So...

This weekend, while away at class, Jack decided it was time to crawl out of his crib. {funny how these wild adventures always seem to happen while I'm away} Well, he ended up getting both his little legs stuck between a couple rungs. After three adult men and a can of Pam came to the rescue, Jack was set free.

We decided it was time to convert Jack's crib to the toddler bed ASAP.

In hopes of not having a nerdy Disney toddler bed, we thought we might as well try the little bed converter that came with his crib. We set it up, with Jack's help of course...he loved being able to climb in an out!

Night one:

We tucked Jack into his bed. We almost shut the door and ran out. We hugged each other and chatted about how big our little boy has gotten. Seconds later...in walks Jack with the biggest smile on his face! Not only did he crawl out, he also opened the almost shut door. Stinker! We tried again...same thing. After lots of snuggling, patting, and convincing...Jack feel asleep after a few minutes.

Mom and dad = sleepless night of worrying about him falling out

Jack = good night's sleep mostly in his big boy bed

In the morning, I decided I had to go check at 630. Jack was snuggled on the blankie we had on the floor with his Mr. Snuggles and blankie sleeping soundly. Phew! A full night's sleep. A happy little man.

A 15 month old already in a big boy bed?!

Tonight is day two. Three minutes of crying and I snuck in to find this:


I think I'll get more sleep tonight. He can't fall far, and clearly he's enjoying his new big boy "bed". It's a nice stepping stone to the twin bed he'll call home in the coming months. Time sure flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment