It's been almost a year since we moved into our house -- and I can finally say I know which light switches power the ceiling fan and which switch powers the stairway lights.
Jack is a mover and a grover. He's a social butterfly like his daddy. He's SO content when his cousin, Bailey, comes to play with him. Otherwise he wanders around the house with my make-up and an empty pop bottle in his hands singing his version of "twinkle, twinkle". He shuts doors and drops his cup to an on-the-spot "uh - oh" every time. He completely understands the words "NO!" and "yuck-y" and will shy away from anything if we say either of them...including my all-glass front door. Baby smear prints are no more.
I am busy with classes, the newness of standards-based assessment at school, and having impromtu dance parties with my family at nights. Our weekends are filled with visits to the playland at the mall, home improvement projects, family and friends.
Jack doesn't cry in the car anymore. A bigger carseat and a dvd player tuned into "Your Baby Can Read" volume one has done the trick. Thank goodness. He can point to his nose, mouth, and sometimes ears if you ask. Jack mimics everything. Right now, when he has to poop he usually tells us.

Eric and I ventured into a little DIY this weekend. We tiled our backsplash and added hardware to our kitchen cupboards! I picked up the materials on Saturday while Boogs napped...and we were done by Sunday evening -- cleaned up and ready to go! It was fun to work as a team...and to accomplish something we didn't really know how. If you want to do any home improvement project - you MUST go to Lowe's. They know their stuff. And, they have the best selection.

People always said after you have kids your house will not be as clean. Not true :) Maybe I'm a little particular. Maybe there's a random plastic french fry under my couch cushion. However...my house is still really clean. Where we find the time I'm not sure? But, I'm glad I could prove that idea of a messy house wrong.
In a few weeks we're off to Puerto Vallarta! Eric's first time on a plane. Our first real vacation. We can't wait! I'm trying not to shop too much... :) I'm going to miss Jack a whole bunch though. He'll be in good hands at my sis and bro's house though. We're thankful we have people who love him as much as we do!
As usual, I'm counting down the days until May 23rd. Swimming pools, the park across the street, and messy faces filled with melted ice cream are screaming our names. I. Love. Summer.
Life is busy.
Life as a momma is unexplainably wonderful in so many ways.
Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment