Followers

Friday, June 15, 2012

Family Car Ride

So, split second decision: we're going to IKEA, darn it! I've been dying to raid the children's section for over a year.

Today, my good friend Jill asked if there was anything I wanted her to pick up from IKEA. I modestly told her a few items I had been hoping to buy. As I continued to scour the website i realized...I need to buy the whole store. No exaggeration.

So, we're on a spur-of-the-moment road trip.

After a quick fill up and a stop at Wendy's...we were off! We're so cool we bump to "baa baaaa black sheep". I know, you're jealous!

I was NOT smarter than a fifth grader, darn it! That dang game is so addicting...

After about an hour, I decided Jack was SO good. The next steps that follow make me laugh. out. loud. Literally.

Step one: "Jack, do you want a sucker?". "suuuuukrrrrrr".

Step two: Jack misses his mouth and covers his cheeks in sticky goo. At one point he has the sticky end in the palm of his hand proclaiming "uh oooooh" over and over. Yes, Jack, uh oh is right.

Step three: crocodile tears ensue because the sucker is gone. Well, I took it away anyway. There was enough sticky goo to cover his body. I handed Jack a napkin and continued my "wants list" conversation with eric. A few minutes pass and...

Step four: screams!!!!!!! I look back and find Jack completely STUCK to his napkin! It's shredded! His entire set of hands and every inch of his fingers are stuck! So. Freaking. Funny!

After a few baby wipe washes and a baby hand massage with my new Bali Mango BBW lotion, we were in the clear.

It all started with a little dum dum...

Now, Eric and I are jammin to hip hip from the 2000's on Pandora and our cute little man is fast asleep in toddler dream land. Maybe he's dreaming of the new table and toys he's getting tomorrow??

Walk it out, walk it out, walk it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment