Followers

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sharks or Cars?!



Last night, Eric and I hired a babysitter and went for a night-on-the-town just us to.  No, there wasn't a diaper tucked in my purse.  No, we didn't have to ask for a high chair at Biaggi's, and there were no bite-sized hot dog messes at our table.  It was nice to get away and chat about life together.

Our night started with picking up my favorite little babysitter -- Melisa.  She's a former student...one who just has it all together.  She was my mini-secretary.  She'd show substitute teachers the way, organize my room on a daily basis, and was my go-to office runner.  There will be NO replacing her in the years to come.  Best yet?  Her mom is a daycare provider...so she spends her afternoons and summers wiping kids mouths and changing diapers.  Score!  As we left, we saw a crying Jack waving "bbyyyyeeee" out the window.  Within minutes I got a text that said "Jack's happy again, he has applesauce!"  She's so good.


Biaggis.  My favorite little Italian getaway.  It is one place you would not want to take a toddler...so we end up there only when we're sans-Jack.  Bruschetta, Farfalle Alfredo, and lots and lots of adult conversation.

Jordan Creek.  Without a stroller!  Oh man, the fun that can be had when we're not on a little's schedule.  We bought our movie tickets to Snow White and the Huntsman and were left to kill some time before the showing.  So, naturally, off to Pottery Barn Kids we went.  I've had my eyes on a quilt for Jack's big kid room, and we already bought his bunk bed set from Ikea last weekend, so I was dying to go to my favorite decor store for little kiddos.  Bonus?  Eric let me get the quilt!  It was on sale ($40 off!).  I also bought the sham.  My decorating wheels are spinning so fast!  The movie was an edge-of-your-seat kind of a show...totally worth watching {and, weird as this may sound, I HATE movies}.


Wellman's.  The West Glen hangout of anyone who lives in WDM.  We stopped for just a few and watched people.  I know I'm only 26, but places like Wellman's makes me feel old.  I bet these people don't have kids at home.  Or, at least I hope they don't.  :)

When we got back home, our little babysitter had cleaned the garage, taken 20+ pictures of Jack from the night, and baked homemade pb and chocolate cookies.  Simply the best.


These were taken by my babysitter! So cute!



Now that the night is over, and our 6th anniversary is passing through as I type, should I decorate around my Jack's new quilt with cars or sharks?!  I am thinking old, raggedy cars like this.  But, maybe I could do kind of a beachy, shark theme like this?  Hmmm.....we'll see.  I can't wait to see the room all put together.

What will I do when ALL of the spaces in my house are decorated?!

1 comment: