Followers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kids want their MOMS!

So, awhile ago, our little family found out some devastating news.  News I never thought I'd have to think about or deal with - ever.  For the first time, I wasn't ready to pour my heart out on this screen...

In the same week, I came across an article that talked about how kids want their moms.  What a concept!  Instead of blogging, snapping pictures ALL the time, and wondering what project I could tackle on pinterest next...I decided it was time to take a break. I kept telling myself to enjoy our family...enjoy the moment. 

Your kids want YOU article

Honestly, it was nice to not wonder about what to type.  How to say it.  Did I want to share that?

As the weeks and months have gone on, however, I've found myself longing to type, to get my thoughts of the day down somewhere.  So, I scrolled through my blog.  I didn't remember drinking all that apple juice when I was pregnant.  I hardly remember some of the things that happened in the first weeks of a family.  And, it was really, really nice to read the candid words as if I was right there again.

So...I'm back.  Here to tell the simple little story of us.  The beach-ball-flying-through-the-backyard, trip to the park every. single. day., cupboard filled with raisin boxes for summer kind of adventures that I wouldn't trade for the world.

Speaking of Pinterest...

Here's my latest project :)  A picture wall that I've always wanted.




It was hard to pick pictures, color schemes, sizes, and who to include...but the finished product makes it all worth it.

While I'm on summer break, I've been checking off my to-do lists, sitting through boring grad. classes (more than halfway through the program towards becoming a principal!), and swimming, snuggling, and learning animal sounds with Jack.  We've landscaped, organized, created a little in-home gym, and much, much more!  For it only being June, I feel awfully accomplished.

Thanks for being patient while I took a break.  It feels so good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment