Followers

Monday, July 19, 2010

It's a BOY!



Well, the word is out...we're having a little baby BOY! I thought from the first day I found out I was pregnant that I was having a boy...everyone else was pretty much in agreement that it was a girl. Eric and I couldn't be more excited!

The week leading up to finding out was absolute torture. I hate surprises, and I really hate not knowing things. I attempted to stay busy with friends and family, which helped the time fly by! Soon enough it was Wednesday evening. Eric and I both paced around the house trying to find things to do to occupy our time before we really got to find out.

Thursday was the morning of our very first ultrasound...our very first look at the baby rolling around and kicking in my belly. It was scheduled for 7:30 a.m., well before the doctors office even opened up for regular appointments :) We woke up, rushed around trying to get out the door, and were there 20 minutes early...whoops! We sat, and sat, and sat. It was even more torture, but a little surreal. We finally were escorted to the Ultrasound room...a place I've never been before. The technician turned the lights low, and the 45-minute session began. I was well-prepared for the announcement as Eric squeezed my hand. At first, the little baby had his legs crossed. So, she showed us his head, spine, fingers, toes, etc. for a little while. But, I couldn't take it any longer! She checked again, and this was what we saw:

Take a look at the view little baby Krieger gave us:


Pretty sure it's a BOY! :)

The 45 minute session was one the best things I've ever experienced in my life. We watched the little guy suck his thumb, kick his gigantic feet against my bladder, among many other things. It was a little glimpse into the near future for us...and it made it all so real.

We only told our friends and family that lived far out of town, we made our family and friends back home wait until we could tell them in person. So, we went straight to Baby Gap and bought a few outfits, including a onesie that states "BYOB" with a little bottle on it and a little sweatshirt. When we arrived back in Waterloo that night, we had the family open the bag full of BOY CLOTHES! It was a good time :)






Needless to say I've been obsessing over what to decorate his room in. I have driven to every store that carries baby room bedding, and have searched, and searched, and searched online! I think I have it narrowed down...

Oh, and we have a few names picked out, but we have to have something to surprise all of you with :) And, I'm a teacher...so a naughty student might ruin my plans! We'll have to see when he comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment