Followers

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Jack's First Halloween


An adorable little chicken costume, neighborhood full of little kids, Jack's first little pair of mittens, and a bowl full of candy describe our first Halloween as a family.

Most people know that I absolutely hate Halloween. I never understood the point...and I just don't like costumes. Or, people in costumes. Or, people who wear slutty-almost-no costumes. Or, handing out candy to teenagers who shouldn't be trick-or-treating. I could keep going...

Halloween with a little guy, however, makes it kind of enjoyable. While we sat on our freezing porch with our bowl full of the last-on-the-shelf candy bars, we got to watch an adorable fleece chicken crawl around our little block. {We were so busy with everything else that we didn't even realize we'd be home in time for "Beggars Night", so Eric rushed to the store last minute} Why in DSM do they call it beggar's night, anyway?

It was nice to chat with our neighbors.
It was fun to watch our little boys together.
It was fun playing with my camera.
It was nice to be home.

Jack aka Chicken --- all ready for costume day at daycare!


It was cold! Cute little mittens!


A few of Jack's future buddies :)


Who opened the barn doors? A cow and a chicken on the loose...

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Oh, and today is Jack's 11 month birthday. One more month and our little baby Jack is ONE! Wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment