Followers

Saturday, October 15, 2011

My dream came true...

...not the knight-in-shining-armor dream or anything, but, one of my 'dreams' did come true today.

Before Eric and I even decided on what house we would build and where, there was one thing I was sure of: I would have a cute metal sign hanging from my wreath hook on my brick red front door. No matter which neighborhood we passed through, I always saw these adorable flip-flop, flower, or welcome signs that were made of painted metal. I never knew where to find them or how much they would cost, but, I was sure I'd have one.

I dreamed about having one of these signs.


Sad. I know. =)

Fast forward seven months later...

Eric and I stopped by Valley Junction - which used to be so close to our old apartment in WDM and now is 20+ minutes away - to look for halloween costume ideas. My secret plan was to drag Eric into Wicker and the Works, a small-town crafty decor store that I found out awhile ago carries massive amounts of these to-die-for metal signs. Well, it worked. After six blocks of walking, searching, and finally stopping into some random "Paris" themed store (that smelled more like goodwill than french anything) to ask for directions, we found it!

In we went...

I was like a kid in a candy store. Quirky home decor; crafty, yet clever. Classy, but definitely not cookie-cutter. Oh man I should have never searched for this place! We walked through some of the coolest house decor I've ever seen without noticing any cutesy metal signs. I was disheartened. All that searching and for nothing!? Sure enough, tucked in the back corner was a metal sign explosion! I picked out my very first 'Screenings by Peri Woltjer' and we were off! Success!

Take a look at my dream come true...




I see many more of these in my future. Eric, here's my Christmas, Birthday, Valentine's, and Anniversary wish list for years to come =)

No comments:

Post a Comment