{We have a lot of bows. Okay, maybe A LOT...}
Diaper Size: Size one. Right now we're rocking good ol' Pampers Swaddlers with the adorable Elmo and oh-so-wonderful yellow indicator line that turns blue when Kate pees or poos.
Clothes Size: A whole lot of everything. We've packed most of her newborn stuff away...okay fine ALL of her newborn stuff away. *tear*. Kate mostly wears Carter's size 3 months and she swims in 6 months but we're getting there!
Sleep: Oh, we've got another good little sleeper on our hands. Kate sleeps through the night most nights! We give her a bath -- which she absolutely adores. Then, we snuggle her in comfy jammas and feed her and she's off to bed. Most nights she sleeps from 9/10 - 4/5. It's amazing. She takes a good morning and afternoon nap, too.
Favorite Activities/things: Kate is simple and picky. Give her a blanket in the middle of the living room floor and she's happy! Bouncy chair -- um, no. Swing -- depends on her mood...most of the time no! Oh, and she's perfectly content right in my arms anytime of course. I just love snuggling with her.
{Still playing with her little tuft of hair}
How could I forget her snugglebunny? I bought this adorable little snuggly bunny in a clearance bin at PBK thinking it would probably end up on a shelf collecting dust. Nope. We don't leave home without it! She snuggles it so sweet and tries to eat it, too!
{Mom, do you have that silly camera again?! Uh oh, I sense attitude already...}
Eating: On a perfect little schedule. She is a slow eater! She stares at me so intently when I'm feeding her. OH, and she's happy as can be when she's done eating. Whenever daddy feeds her a bottle she falls fast asleep. We had to buy a deep freeze for all of the extra milk I have -- so I'm hoping she'll never have to drink a drop of formula...for now. :)
Nicknames: Baby Kate, Baby Doll, Sweetheart, Doll, Sweet Girl..
Talking: Oh, she is going to be a loud talker I'm afraid! When she does talk, it's a raspy voice for such a tiny thing. She coos a little and gurgles so far. We'll see soon!
New adventures: Awake more! She's starting to have long stretches of being awake and watching our crazy little family adventures. She loves to stare at the lights through the windows. Her tiny little eyelashes have grown like crazy and I'm excited that she will share her gorgeous eyelashes with her big bro and daddy.
{Love. those. eyelashes. This was a few days ago and they just keep growing and growing!}
Dear Baby Doll,
I love you, sweet baby girl. You have molded our family in a whole new way. It's hard to keep the smiles and the tears away when your brother climbs on the floor with his elbows on his chin and says "Hi bee bee Kate" in the sweetest, high-pitched voice I've ever heard. You grab onto his finger and even let out a big wide-open-mouth smile to him as you watch him so intently. I love the way your little foot finds its way right out of the sling in your baby bath and the scrunchy, figuring-out-what-in-the-world-is-going-on face you give me a million times throughout the day. I love dressing you in all of your girly pink clothes...topping every outfit off with a bow. I love that you scream your little head off if I try and put you anywhere but the floor. I love your coos and your white knuckles as you clench your little fists. I love watching your eyelids get heavy as you fall asleep so peacefully in my arms. I can't imagine life without you, sweet girl, and I'm so thankful to be your mom.
Love you, doll,
Momma



No comments:
Post a Comment