...snuggles, feedings, diapers, and pacifiers take over your life. My days are filled with hanging with my sweet little baby Kate. We nap, we sing, we coo, and we play together. She is so content in my arms and I'm so thankful to be home with her for so long.
...you forget what day it is. I still do look forward to weekends like the rest of the world. I get my sweet, thoughtful, and Mr. Mom husband and Jack home ALL TO MYSELF. On Friday, we did our first big family date night out --- Toys 'r' Us, mall play place, and dinner together. It went so smooth. We're starting to feel like pros with our little "party of four".
...it's a good day if you put on a pair of jeans. Most days I wake up and throw on the next clean nursing bra and tank paired with the most unstylish sweatpants that are oh-so-comfy. I've been making more and more plans at night to stay busy and keep up with friends -- and when I put on real people clothes I feel so refreshed! But, as soon as I'm home it's back to easily accessible tanks and sweats.
...you know everything going on in the news times one million. The same story is replayed on the Today show at 7, 8, 9, and even on Kathie Lee and Hoda. When Eric gets home, I'm sure to fill him in on the latest dish.
...excitement involves a good old fashioned poop. We cheer and laugh and celebrate when Kate poops! She's a one-poop-a-day kind of gal, so when one comes, she's all smiles after.
...your SD card from your camera is filled with 2,564 shots of Kate making goofy faces.
...your to-do list includes laundry, trying out new recipes from pinterest, and organizing closet after cupboard after drawer. All of the little things I love to do but normally can't find the time.
... You speak fluent "toddler". I have become a pro at figuring out what it might be that Jack is telling me. He is an indefinite chatter box and rattles together full on sentences most of the day, however, sometimes he pronounces something wrong and it makes him VERY mad if I can't figure it out. My current favorites:
"Mama, wake up...let's go donsturrs. I ant watch otdog mama"
Bebe Kate, matter sweetheart? Want pafier bebe kate?
Me: Jack, what doesn't feel good?
Jack: Gack! (we'll figure out the who vs. what thing someday, right??)
I got my wed beeloon, mom!
...your counter is always filled with bottles. Between pumping and bottle feeding while out and about, there are always bottles to be washed. :)
I am SO enjoying my time at home. It's peaceful and stressful. It's humbling and rewarding. I find things to keep me busy each day and look forward to waking up worry free to focus on my new little princess.


No comments:
Post a Comment