Tonight, Kate rolled over from her little back to her belly!!!! It reminded me of the utter joy and excitement parents feel when their children reach monumental milestones in their lives. Just weeks ago Kate was a teeny, scrunched-up, sleepy newborn and now she can flip her entire body? I am so thankful that Eric and I happened to be peered over her as she dug her tiny, freshly-painted-red toes into her blankie and pushed and pushed. She's a stubborn, determined little baby who is completely content as long as she's getting her way {*cough* just like her momma??}. Clearly, she would rather be on her back then on her tummy, so she figured out how to make it happen. Eric has his hands full with a queen AND a little princess to take care of...
The difference in Kate's milestones versus Jack's? Back long ago {I hardly can remember} when it was just Jack, I read every What to Expect book on raising babies and I had accounts for nearly every baby milestone website emailed to me what seems like daily. I knew what was to come and waited often not-so-patiently for Jack to either meet or beat each little step. With Kate, I haven't read a single page of any What to Expect book and the baby milestone emails are inaccurate since she came a few weeks early. I get updates on a 5-week-old and she's nearly 7 weeks....so I don't read them. When we watched our new little flip....we wondered when it was supposed to happen?? I thought it was early but I truly had no clue. Well, I finally did a little reading and it definitely is early. One website said "your baby may flip from tummy to back as early as four months". I'll take 7 weeks. :) Way to go, baby doll!
The best part of Kate rolling over tonight (other than that fact that we happened to both be watching her at the exact time) was the face she made after. Her eyebrows squeezed and she sat there still for a few seconds. We were cheering and clapping and laughing -- I wonder if the neighbors could hear us?! She laid their cute, confused, and exhausted.
This was earlier in the day --- practicing using those big muscles :)
And here's the "mom...what just happened" look. Oh.my.goodness.
Tomorrow is my 6-week check up and I can't help but think about Jack. I went back to work right at 6 weeks. I can't imagine doing that ever, ever, ever again. I am SO very thankful that I go to the doctor tomorrow and come right back home to snuggle with my sweet little miss. I have six more wonderful weeks of sweatpants, Today show news, and home-cooked meals straight from Pinterest.I love you Eric, Jack & Kate --- to the moon and back.
No comments:
Post a Comment