Tomorrow is officially my last day of maternity leave. Just typing that makes me sad. Yes, I know I only have to go back to work for seven days...but it still is hard to believe three months has past already. For the next seven days you won't be snuggled in my arms, staring intently at my face, in your own snuggly place we call home. Next Wednesday, I assure you, your big bro, Jack and I will settle back into our little routine and soak up every adorable minute of you until August.
You know exactly who your momma is, that's for sure. When you hear me you turn your little head...when I run around you you attempt to follow me with your eyes. And when you catch me out of the corner of your eye you let out the most adorable nothing-in-this-world-gets-better-than-this look and smile from ear to ear. You let out a big sigh every time I come near and I love that about you.
You scrunch the top of your nose for two things: smiling and crying. When I set you on the floor your little arms and legs go crazy! I think you're practicing your swimming/future track star moves? Must be. You eat very slowly...you like to be snuggled up right next to me and I think you figured out that eating slow keeps you there longer. You're smart, little dolly. You roll from your belly to your back so effortlessly now. It's adorable to see you grow stronger and stronger.
I'm certain that your first real love is me and your oh-so-wonderful daddy, however, your snuggle bunny comes in at a close second. Even strangers comment on how much you adore your bunny. {and I can't even describe how many comments we get from strangers when we're out and about...} You chew on it. You snuggle it. You grasp your little bunny as if it is the most important thing in your little world. Maybe you love it because it's pink, and you and I will share that as our favorite color?!
I love dressing you up in dresses and bows. I love that you sit oh-so-patiently for me to paint your tiny little toenails (three times already)! I love having the perfect balance between blues and pinks filling every nook and cranny of our house. I love how your tiny hands always find mine. I love that your right little foot finds its way right out of the sling in the bath tub every single time. I love that you adore Jack and bat your adorable lashes at him when he runs by and says "hiiiii bee bee Kate!" And, I love that you're my little girl.
Kate, I can't wait for you to grow. I can't wait for future pedicure dates, shopping sprees, prom hair and more. I can't wait to give you advice on learning, girl drama, and even your first boyfriend. I promise you, sweet baby doll, you will always have your momma right by your side.
For ever.
And ever.
So there's this girl...she kind of stole my heart.
She calls me Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment