Followers

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

More...


I have to be honest, going from one to two has been a relatively seamless transition in the Krieger household.  I heard horror stories of mental breakdowns and bratty-big-bro-syndromes, and so far we're in the clear.  I was not, however, informed of the new meaning of more.

When we go to the store we have to buy more stuff.  Before...I used to go on missions --- update Jack's wardrobe for summer...easy.  Stop at Baby Gap and buy everything in multiple colors....done.  Not anymore!  Now I go to Baby Gap (with a toddler and a giant Chicco stroller that only holds a 2-month-old -- how silly!  Double stroller search is underway...) and check the toddler boy section and grab a few things.  Then I make my way to the baby girl section and decide what is actually practical and wearable.  Yes, I said it.  Kate does not only wear Baby Gap as Jack did!  I have a new love relationship with Carter's baby girl collection.  I still refuse to put Jack in Carter's bright colors and dog decals...but the girl stuff doesn't usually have any of it!  There's ruffles, adorable on-trend colors, and oh so much comfy cotton.  So, Jack = Baby Gap...Kate = Carter's.  That means more shopping, more stores, and more clothes.

Buying more clothes means more laundry.  You wouldn't think adding one more kiddo to the mix would increase laundry...but my oh my girls!  There are leggings, and headbands, and skirts, and pajamas, and cardigans, and tights.  Me oh my!  There are so many little pieces in Kate's wardrobe that get separated and must be reassembled together.  Not to mention cute bibs, burp rags, and blankies.  Again, more laundry.

Two kids means more diapers.  I used to be okay with just tossing a diaper across the room and putting in the trash when I made my way to it.  You can't really get away with that with two kids.  It ends up looking like a diaper waste land and I feel like I'm living in a dumpster.  I have to find size 4 in the up and ups at Target AND the size ones in pampers swaddlers (I love the little blue line...and Kate is so picky about wet diapees, so I'm being a brat and requiring the more expensive ones..for now.)  And of course that means more wipes.

Having sippy cups AND bottles means more dishes. The list could continue.

There are, however, so many positives about having two kiddos...

More snuggles.
More laughter.
More poopy diapers to be laughed at!
More stories to tell.
More sweet, adorable, melt-my-heart moments that I hope to never forget.







No comments:

Post a Comment