Food cravings/aversions this week: Cravings include: Mountain Dew, Icees, Lemon Lime slushies, and fresh foods (like salads and salsa). I'm eating much more healthy than before I was pregnant! This baby makes me crave fresh fruit and veggies, which I NEVER EAT! I'm still constantly drinking water. I have visions of a water bottle dripping with sweat because there is ice cold water within it :)
I've only added marinara sauce to my list of unwanted food. But, that eliminates a lot of food - spaghetti, pizza, lasagna...
Changes/feelings: My slight queasiness is starting to disappear. A welcomed sign of moving along in this pregnancy!
Can you say pee? I go to the bathroom about 10 times a day (2-3 times in the middle of the night even) which is a big change from before. I have figured out where the restrooms are in many places! Now while I'm teaching I have to leave my room and go during the day a few times. I have my little watchdogs for each class, and when I come back everything is normal and quiet. One of my students even said "Mrs. Krieger, shouldn't you be taking your bathroom break? You usually do right now, and this class is almost over...GO!" It was really sweet.
Memorable moment this week: Hearing little baby Krieger's heartbeat and my students. The little "bump, bump, bump" we heard coming from my tummy made us realize we were soon-to-be parents. The little munchkin was beating away at 170 beats-per-minute, which is a good, strong heartbeat! Keep moving along little baby.
Also, I decided to tell my students I was expecting, as we finally heard the little heartbeat. I had two really intuitive students figure out that I was expecting...they noticed my constant water addiction, my strange cravings and little snacking in the middle of teaching them, along with my little hints about doctor's appointments. I told my first class, and I heard a roar of craziness. They were so excited and shocked! Then as the day progressed, instead of announcing it, my students RAN in and said "Mrs. Krieger is it true? What are you going to name it? How far along are you!? I can't believe you didn't tell us first!" It's funny how fast news travels through 100+ middle school students. It was really sweet to see most of their reactions. Of course, I had the very memorable blurt of "So that's why you're getting so fat!" from my socially awkward student...but for the most part it was all good things. On the next day we had a pizza party, and a student brought in a caffeine-free root beer just for me...he claimed "My mom and I searched all over for the caffeine-free kind so you can drink it and it's okay for the baby!" It was really touching.
Least favorite moment this week: Never go to bed without washing my face...lesson learned. My face is much more sensitive and acne-prone than before, so I'm having to be very careful! I'm hoping it doesn't last this whole pregnancy! But, I guess if that's my one complaint, I'll take it.
What I am looking forward to: It's almost summertime. I'm looking forward to laying by the pool to amp up my tan, having time to think about and decorate the baby's room, and for July 15th - the day we find out if baby K is a boy or a girl!!
love the updates, keep em coming!
ReplyDeleteah, blurts :)
yay for healthy eating!