
...Jackson is TWO WEEKS OLD already!
And he's growing and growing already. Everyone says "enjoy them while they're tiny...they grow too fast!" I never really thought about it until today. Jack is already two weeks old. I glanced at the millions of pictures from his first days we spent in the hospital - and he really IS growing and changing.
Milestones of our {not so little} newborn:
1. Jack can sleep stretches of 5+ hours through the night. I'm hoping the trend continues...
2. Our little man already uses his strong little neck! When we try and burp him he flings his neck out to check out our faces and the world around him. Good job little buddy.
3. Unlike the first few days, Jack can stay awake for an hour or two at a time. It's been fun reading his first books, playing with his little hands and feet, and dressing him up in all of his clothes.
4. Newborn clothes are officially packed. It was a very sad day. There were a handful of adorable gap ensembles that Jack never even got to wear! Whoops :)
5. Jack still loves baths. I've yet to hear even the hint of a cry. He just adores being in the warm water. I scrub and scrub and he just hangs out.
Eric and I are adapting to our new, unselfish roles of mommy and daddy. It's funny what our conversations have turned in to:
"Whoa, did you hear that? I think Jack pooped a big one!" ~ Daddy Eric
"Can you believe Jack ate 5 ounces this afternoon!" ~ Mommy
"The diapers and wipes just keep magically refilling themselves." ~ Daddy Eric
The best part is that they all seem so exciting to Eric and me. Truly moments only we as a family can relish in.
I've been exploring my amazing Chicco stroller system at the local malls; you didn't think I'd be stuck inside and not shopping did you? The first time I took Eric along with us, just in case I couldn't figure it out. After that -- watch out West Des Moines. This new momma is on her way! I've been out-and-about with Jackson every day since then. He's a trooper, too! He passes out in the car and then sleeps and sleeps. I bump into clothes racks, hit big bumps, and he still sleeps! Eric and I even went to dinner last night. Carlos at it's finest. My first margarita since March. A contented little baby sleeping in the booth right next to me. It was more than perfect.
I won't tell you how many pictures I've taken since Jackson's arrival...but I'll leave you with a few goodies:
{He was SO mad to be naked and taking pictures}

{Jackson getting ready for a day out shopping}
{I just love his little jeans}
{Another great one of his wailing! He never cries so I just love these pictures}

{Daddy took this one...like father like son. Jack loves watching T.V.}
{A view from the top - this is how he sleeps now!}
No comments:
Post a Comment