Followers

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Daddy Eric

Everyone told me that having a baby would change everything (and they usually were hinting towards the negative). Well, they were right. Except, having a baby has made our marriage and relationship grow stronger.

Eric was excited from the moment I called him to tell him we were expecting, to the minutes before little Jackson was born. I knew he'd be a great daddy to our little man. What I didn't know is how amazing he really is.

Eric has always been my best friend and the best husband I know. Adding fatherhood to his many hats has only proven to be another success. Each day, he shows me another sweet side of his amazing personality - as he cuddles, sings, and plays with Jackson. He is back to work now, and not a morning or afternoon goes by without a phone call check up from daddy. He asks how I'm doing and how Jack is doing, and says hi to Maggie over speakerphone. He now comes home for lunch...mostly to cuddle with our little man. Even though he's back to work, he gets up each time Jack cries in the middle of the night. Although I'm breastfeeding and there's not much he can do, he wakes up with me to help and support us. He burps Jack and changes him as I get ready for the next round. He even holds up my water by my face, since I'm usually using both hands to help hold Jack up! So sweet...

{Jackson and Eric...passed out together on the floor}

{Poor Jack was looking for food...}

{The best little man with the best daddy in the world}

I never realized that our relationship could get any stronger...but it has. We hug more, kiss more, say I love you more, and when we lay down to go to bed we tell each other how much we appreciate each other. Our love has grown stronger and I'm very blessed and thankful.

WE LOVE YOU, DADDY ERIC!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I knew that Eric would be a wonderful daddy and I agree 200% that motherhood is by far the BEST thing in the entire world. Congrats again mommy and daddy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! You never thought you could love them more than you did! Having a baby creates SO much love! Congrats to you two! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome, sis! i think the job of dad has a lot of grey area, so props to eric for really figuring it out and making everyone happy :) give little jack a big kiss from his aunt!

    ReplyDelete