Welcome to our world! You have not only joined us in this crazy thing we call life, but you have transformed every moment we share together. We are so blessed and thankful for your little feet, your smile you are trying to figure out, and even your poopy diapers.
Tomorrow you will be one month old already. All throughout my pregnancy I wrote you little notes to fill you in on how much we loved you and how prepared and ready we were for you. I poured my heart into every post capturing precious thoughts that can never be forgotten. Now, you're right here with us (sleeping in your swing as I type) and I can't imagine life being any better.
Every morning I wake up to your sweet coo, or sometimes a scream cry if you're hungry, and I smile. I get up from my warm bed to scoop you up and spend the rest of my day with you. We cuddle, we giggle, and we nap together. I run around the house trying to keep up after all of your messes while you lay on your tummy and watch with your little head held high. Sometimes I wear you out and you fall asleep right there in the middle of the living room floor!
Your daddy and I are obsessed with your little milestones. Yesterday was your one month well-baby appointment and we found out that you are already 11 pounds and 3 ounces! So much for a little man, huh? The doctor said that you're at the 98th percentile for weight for a four-week-old. I knew you'd be a big boy! You are also holding your head high, standing on our laps when we attempt to get those big burps out after eating, and you are starting to figure out your voice. All of these little things seem so big to a proud momma and poppa! I swear I'd stop a stranger to brag about you already. Yes. I'm one of those moms. Sorry Jack.
All the preparation, cleaning, and crossing off to-do lists didn't prepare me for the love we'd share, Jack. Everyone told me it's unlike anything I'd ever felt before...and they couldn't be more right. What I do know is that I was put on this Earth to be a mom - your mom - and it's everything I've ever wanted. I cry when you cry. I worry about every bump, noise, and hiccup. I stare at you when you sleep to watch you breathe. You're my world. You're our everything. And, you're perfect.
Love,
Mom
sleeping in the swing :) happy one month baby jack!
ReplyDelete