Instead of staring at each other from across the perfectly spotless apartment, we're tripping over burp rags and blankies to watch you roll over and coo. A good night for us is no longer how long we stayed out, but if the bottles are washed and your diaper stacker is stocked up and ready for the next round of changing.
You always amaze me. I will never get over your adorable smile, attempts at giggles, and your stinky farts - probably the only thing you get from me! I love that at three months I know exactly what you want. When you cry your "waaa" cry you're just telling me "Mom, I'm bored...get me outta here!" When you rub your eyes or clench your little hands to your chest you're telling me it's time for bed. It's amazing how you aren't able to talk, however I'm able to listen.
Just a warning big man - your dad is goofy! He sings to you and he plays the Iowa fight song to you every Saturday just to get you ready for football season. He takes care of you in the mornings and makes sure you make it to daycare. You have him wrapped around your wrinkly little one-inch fingers already. I have a feeling you'll get away with everything when Daddy's in charge.
Being a mom, Jack, is the most rewarding job in the world. There are no words to describe how I feel when I'm cuddling with you. I can't wait to spend our days this summer splashing in the pool and taking walks around our new neighborhood. I can't wait for all of the little milestones that keep popping up as you grow older already. Thank you for the good night's sleep and the wet, slobbery kisses. Thank you making our little lives complete.
You are one lucky big man.
We are two lucky parents.
I love you to the moon and back,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment