Followers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy 4 Month Birthday, Jack!


I can't believe I'm saying this: Jack is four months old!

Milestones: Jack has figured out rolling - both ways! Sometimes we go into his nursery and find him comfortably laying on his side to sleep! He can roll over from his tummy to his back, and from his back to his tummy. He doesn't do it often, but he knows how. He has the most adorable giggle. It's more like a "hhhhuuuuhhhhhaaa" grunt than a "ha ha ha" usual giggle, but we love it all the same. We can usually get him to giggle by changing his diaper, peering over him while he's playing away at his gym, or when we give him raspberry kisses on his tummy. Adorable!

Weight: Huge? He's probably over 15 pounds would be my guess. His last "official" weigh in was months ago and he was pushing over 13 pounds. Whenever a stranger peers over his carseat and asks how old, we usually get "wow, he's big". Yes, we know! I'm glad I have a chubber butt.

Diaper size: Size 2. I have boxes and boxes of this size, so I'm hoping he stays in them for awhile...

Clothes size: 3-6 months for most clothes; some jammies we're bumping up to 6-9 months so his little tootsies have room. He's got some big feet! He has a huge wardrobe of 3-6 month winter clothes that we're trying to make sure he wears. I'm excited for his 6-12 month wardrobe that's filled with plaid shorts and polos.

Sleep: We have a champion sleeper on our hands, and we're crossing our fingers it continues? We put Jack down for bed around 8, he wakes up cooing around 6 or 6:30, and then naps until about 8 or so. We did, however, decide to change up our schedule one night last week and instead of putting him to bed around 8, we tried around 7. STUPID mommy and daddy! Jack was up every few hours and my aunt said he ate and ate at daycare the next day. Lesson learned...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Favorite activities/things: Gym, cuddling with mom and dad, getting kisses from Maggie, getting his diaper changed, bath time and being naked.

Eating: We're onto solids, people! Jack chows down on rice cereal. We've even ventured into homemade baby food. His first adventure: peas! They are nice and green, and I've discovered the amazing Dreft stain remover this week. He's still trying to figure out what this whole solid food stuff is, but it's pretty cute! Otherwise, he's eating about 6 oz of formula every 3 hours.

Nicknames: Big man, Buddy, Booger, stinky butt, "yaaack", Baby Jack Ribs, I'm sure there are more...

Talking: just babbles. He's a chatter bug, though, which I love!

New adventures: Solids, rolling, babbling.

Eric and I are really enjoying this stage of babyhood. He's fun-loving, playful, and genuinely excited to see us! We can toss him up in the air without being afraid of him not being able to control his own head. We can usually figure out what each whimper and cry means, and we've figured out a perfect team routine. It's amazing that we just get to enjoy our little booger together.

We love you little {well more like big} man.



No comments:

Post a Comment