Followers

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One week from today...


One week from today we will be finishing up packing our little lives into perfectly organized and labeled u-haul boxes...for the last time.

One week from today we will spend our last night sleeping in this little apartment that we've called home for the last two years. No longer will we be seconds away from all of the West Des Moines amenities we are used to. Good-bye Tan World, Maximum Fitness, Super Target, and Kum 'n' Go up the street.

One week from today we will say goodbye to Jack's first home. The place we vowed would never be too cluttered with baby stuff {yeah, right}! The place we put our feet up after our three-day stay at the hospital after having our little man. The place where we figured out how to be a mommy and a daddy for the first time.

One week from today I will be the newest member of the Waukee community. I will be literally seconds away from my school, a jump across the street away from a perfect little city park, and a skip and a hop away from some great friends.

One week from today we will sign the paperwork and grab onto that little keychain of keys. We will nail the very first nail, hang the very first towel, and light the very first fire in a brand new house that we'll soon make our home.

{My pathetically wonderful new stash of Bath and Body Works goodies!}

I'm looking forward to perfectly spotless and cushiony carpet and fresh paint. I can't wait for my very own garage stall to park my Venza in. I can't wait to sink to my nose in a big, gigantic bubble bath. I can't wait to put together all of the new furniture and decorations we've searched for and picked out over the last few months. I can't wait for guests to have their own room and bathroom to stay. But most of all, I can't wait to finally have a place we'll call home --- forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment