
Love is...
...getting butterflies when 5:00 hits. That means Eric will be home soon! I stare at the clock, play peek-a-boo with Jack, and wait patiently for his arrival. After 10 years of being together...I'm still so much in love with Eric.
...the gigantic smile I get when I get close to Jack. Whether it's 6 am and he's waking up in his crib, or when he's just playing in his gym and I peer over him from the top -- there's nothing better than his big smile. I've waited for the day that he recognizes me...his mommy.
...the big tail wiggles I get from Maggie when I walk in the door. Her little face lights up, her tail wiggles so fast, and sometimes she hyperventilates when I come home! She smothers me with kisses for several minutes as I am running around.
...having the best friends in the world. I have a perfect little group of go-tos who are there when I need them, and there when I don't. They understand everything about me -- from my terrible phone answering/call back habits to my blunt and obnoxious stories =). It used to be about how many people came, now it's all about who's there.
...walking into my classroom after a week-long break with an ear infection, and the kids are quiet and respectful! I wrote a simple note on my board "my ear hurts =(" and the kids totally acknowledged that. In one class, a student who's labeled a 'trouble maker' read aloud the directions for me and helped get class started. In another, a student quieted down class for me and got all of the students listening and paying attention.
...waking up everyday excited for what's to come. I'm thankful for my family, my friends, my job, and my life!
I am so blessed.
"Wherever your heart is, that is where you'll find your treasure." Paulo Coelho
No comments:
Post a Comment