Followers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dear Jack,

I love you.

It's been awhile since I've written you a little letter. Maybe it's because I'm so busy keeping up with you! Each day you are growing and changing into a little person; our little Jack. It's been so fun watching you learn new things. Everything starting from you being able to grip my one finger, to now picking up and exploring the world around you is absolutely adorable.

Now that you're almost six months old {gasp!}, I'm left to wonder what we did before you? I can't even imagine waking up without your chubby cheeks smiling away in your crib in the morning. I can't remember what it was like to not have bottles all over my house. I can't remember not spending all of my free time with you.

The other night, your dad and I watched "old" videos we snagged of you when you were a baby. It's funny, I was annoyed at the time at your dad for catching random, non-meaningful moments. Now, those moments are forever captured...and I'm so grateful. You look so tiny. Your little voice is so frail. We were so unsure of what we were doing. And yet, here we are, almost halfway to your first birthday already! I can't wait to enjoy the next six moths -- and more.

Thank you for helping me figure out this life a little more than before. Thank you for all of the drool, and for changing my focus to being less selfish. Thank you for spitting up just as much on daddy's shoulder as you do mine, and for giving me a perfect reason to go shopping. I love your giggle, I love your serious face, and I love that you're picky at who you smile at. You soak in this little life already; staring and pondering each new room we explore together -- every inch of it.

Your daddy and I are so proud of you already. We read to you, parade you around, and are trying our best to give you the best life you can have. I hope you appreciate your kiddie library. I hope you laugh as you look back on your life as a little -- through blog posts, thousands of pictures, and silly home videos of your every move. I hope you grow up to be caring, respectful, and patient...just like your dad.

Jack, there's something about you snuggling up on my chest when you're sleepy or working on those baby teeth that are sure to be arriving soon. There is truly no explanation about the way I feel about you, Jack. I love being a mom. I love being your mom.

I love you to the moon and back. I will love you forever and always.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment