Last Friday, I went to my old school's 8th grade dance. I taught 7th graders last year, so I knew most of the 8th graders this year. It was a BlAsT!
I was nervous to go...would I remember any of them? Would they remember me? Would the other teachers wonder why I showed up? I worried for no reason, as it turned out to be a great time!
Some of my students from last year even had me in their professional photograph! I begged them not to have me, but they pleaded. :) Then, my friend and I joined the dance party as the students chanted "Go Krieger!"
After about a million hugs, a million "how's your baby, what's his name?" conversations, and a few snapped pictures, the night was quickly over. It was great to see my first students I ever taught. It was awesome having conversations with old co-workers. It was great to spend time with a few of my great friends I've made from teaching there. It was even better to know that those students had definitely not forgotten about me! Even if it meant giving up one of my last Friday nights before grad. school starts, and putting my big man to bed, it was worth it! I love teaching :)
{The adorable girl to the left was a trouble maker from k-6th grade. I somehow convinced her to become the best student she can be! Now, she hangs with a good group of girls, and is still doing very well in school -- no fights at all!}
No comments:
Post a Comment